Table of Contents
These Easy Steps Will Guide You Through How To Set Up A Bunn Coffee Maker
A Bunn Coffee Maker is a kitchen treasure for every coffee lover because it makes really good coffee, and it does that quite efficiently. It is a household name for a quality coffee maker, but then if you don’t use it right, so many things could go wrong. That is why you should pay attention to this post. Every new Bunn coffee maker has to go through a short setup process, to get it working in no time. If you just got a Bunn coffee maker for the first time, or you got yours replaced, one of the questions that will run through your mind is how to set up a Bunn coffee maker, which we will answer in this post. Keep in mind that you should never plug in your Bunn coffee maker before setting it up. It could make a lot of things go wrong, so you have to do the first things first.
Why should you set up your coffee maker before use
If you just got a new Bunn coffee maker, you must have heard something about setting it up. That’s because not setting it up will put it at risk for damage which you definitely won’t like. The damage may not be immediate, but you can be assured that there is imminent damage. This could be easily avoided by taking some time to set up the coffee maker. This will ensure that it is well-positioned for a long time functioning. And helps it work efficiently as well. So it would be a great idea if you take out some time to put it in the right shape for work before it starts working. Moreover, using your coffee without setting it up will void the warranty.
What will you need to set up a Bunn coffee maker
There’s nothing much that you will need to set up your coffee maker. I’m sure before you would want to set up a Bunn coffee maker, you must already own one, or you’re planning to get one, which is the only thing that you need. Other than some efforts and time on your part. It is easy to do and doesn’t take much time too.
Steps To Set Up A Bunn Coffee Maker
The setup process is very easy, and these steps will guide you through the process of setting up your Bunn coffee maker.
- The starting point is at the internal water tank. It has an optimal temperature of 200°F and allows you to brew within three minutes. The water tank has to be filled with water to put the machine in place for work.
- Fix the brew funnel into the funnel slides. After that, go ahead and fill the carafe with water, and pour the water into the brewer. The lid to the brewer may slip or flip open, depending on the model of your coffee maker. Observe your coffee maker, know if it’s the type that flips or slips. You can also find that out in the user manual.
- Put the carafe in its position on the base plate of the brew funnel, and close the lid of the brewer. Wait for about three minutes, to allow the internal water tank to fill partially.
- After three minutes, remove the carafe and fill it with cold water again. Pour the water into the brewer again, to fill it up completely. You can then put the carafe back in place.
- At this point, water should begin to flow from the brewer to indicate that the inner tank is already full. Leave the carafe in place until the water stops flowing. When it stops, pour out the water that has dripped into the carafe and put the carafe back in place.
- This is the point where your brewer can get plugged. Plug it in, and press the ON button. It will flash a red light to indicate it is on.
- That is the setup process. Pretty easy. Wait about fifteen minutes for the water in the internal tank to heat, then you can use your machine to make the first-ever pot of coffee.
You can refer to your user manual if you need clarification about your coffee maker. Since the guide is peculiar to the model of your coffee maker.
Tips on how to maintain your coffee maker
One good way to make sure your coffee maker is working for as long as possible is by proper maintenance, which works for almost anything.
- Clean: One of the major things you need to do to properly maintain your coffee maker, is cleaning. Clean as often as possible. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines on cleaning the coffee maker. This will keep your coffee maker in shape longer than you can imagine. The removable parts should be cleaned after every use. Descale within the recommended time frame, or whenever you think the coffee maker is due for descaling. And always wipe down the body to keep it dry. You shouldn’t use any hard material to avoid scratches on your coffee maker.
- Turn it off: When your coffee maker is not in use, turn it off. There is no point in letting it run if it’s not working. This will also keep your coffee maker in shape for a long time.
- Keep it dry: Wipe down your machine after every use. You shouldn’t leave any drops of water on it. Always keep it dry.
For every new Bunn coffee maker, you should make sure they should go through the setup process. It’s easy and does not take much time. Setting up your machine properly will help make the coffee maker work efficiently. And reduces the risk for damage. Please do not plug in your coffee maker without taking it through the setup process. This will cause damage, and make the warranty void. Using your coffee maker right does not only involve proper cleaning, and other things. It starts from the day you buy it.