Table of Contents
Can I use coffee maker without paper filter? The answer is yes. You will be impressed at how easily and quickly coffee can be made without a paper filter. As an alternative to paper filters, you can use cloth napkins, mesh sieves, tea bags, socks, and so on. We will discuss in detail below how you can make coffee through them.
Imagine you are feeling very tired after walking up and you want some coffee to help you be alert and active. Then you went to the kitchen to make coffee. At that moment you suddenly realize that your paper filter has run out or forgot to buy from the store. Oh no! You must be disappointed. This is not how you wanted to start the day.
There is no reason to worry. We have good news for you. Some of the things inside your home can be used as an alternative to coffee filters. In this article, we will talk about two things that you can use as an alternative to coffee filters very easy and hassle-free. So, you never have to go without coffee again.
So, Can I Use Coffee Maker without Paper Filter?
Of course. Paper filters are not always the only way to prepare coffee. Paper filters cannot be reused. Moreover, paper filters have to be discarded once used and are relatively expensive. Repeatedly buying paper filters is also very annoying as well. You can save a lot of money if you use reusable filters instead of paper filters.
Your coffee filter can get you in trouble at any time. So, you should always know some techniques as an alternative. In addition to this, several alternatives are more affordable than paper filters. What are those ways highlighted below? Let’s see.
Use Clean Dish Towel
A clean towel can work as a coffee filter. There must be a clean towel somewhere in your home. It is usually very durable. You can brew your morning coffee with a clean towel. You can use it without a pour-over or drip basket. Let’s see the whole procedure.
- The first step is to remove the coffee maker basket and place a clean towel on the basket.
- Now add water and ground coffee inside the towel.
- For each cup of coffee, you have to add 2 teaspoons of ground coffee. If you want to make it for a large number of people at once, increase the amount of ground coffee and water.
- Now set the coffee basket into the machine. Make sure that the grounds do not escape from the towel when placing the whole towel in the coffee maker. The quantity of water for 1 cup will be 200 to 250 ml.
- Now all you need to do is turn on your coffee maker. Set the time and temperature for preparing coffee, if any. Otherwise, you can catch the clock timer.
- This method takes around 4 to 6 minutes to make coffee. So, leave it like this for 4 to 6 minutes. The time will depend on how thick your towels are.
- At the end of the scheduled time, the coffee maker will give an automatic indicator. Then turn off your coffee maker and remove the towel from the filter.
- Finally, pour the coffee into a coffee mug and enjoy your coffee.
Use a Fine Mesh Sieve
If you bake often, there is a strong possibility of having a mesh sieve in your kitchen supplies. It can also act as a coffee filter. This method is pretty simple and straightforward. In this way, you will be able to make a whole pot of coffee. You just need to adjust the perfect grounds according to your taste priority. So, follow this particular method so that you can make coffee instead of a paper filter.
- First, take a glass and pour the ground coffee into the bottom of the glass as you wish.
- Place a pot of water on the stove and heat it for 3 minutes. If you have an electric kettle, you can also heat through it.
- Turn off the heat source after completing the heating time. Then wait 30 seconds for the water to cool slightly.
- Now add your measured quantity of hot water above the grounds.
- With a spoon, shake the mixture of grounds and water inside the glass once. Then stepped for 5 minutes. Now set the fine mesh sieve on a mug and pour the whole coffee.
- Allow one more minute for the coffee grounds to settle to the bottom of the coffee mug.
- One more thing, you can also add some sugar depending on your taste to enhance the flavor. It’s completely your choice.
- Lastly, your coffee is ready. So, go ahead and drink it. One more thing, if you want to eat cold, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Use Coffee Maker with Permanent Filter
When making coffee a paper filter is used for only a few minutes, then it is discarded. On the other hand, permanent filtered coffee makers have many advantages such as for the environment as well as for coffee addicts. The permanent coffee filters are recyclable filters. There are many variations in the taste of permanent and alternative filter coffee.
When you are choosing a cheap way to have a great cup of coffee, a permanent coffee filter is a good investment option. Many coffees can be made together through a permanent filter which is not possible through any other medium. Plus a permanent filter one-time investment that won’t give you the tension of having to change over and over again.
Last but not the least, the permanent filter automatically grinds the coffee beans. Therefore, you will get a fresh flavor of the coffee. So, we recommend you use a permanent coffee filter to get a permanent solution.
A coffee maker is essential if you start your day with a fresh cup of coffee. Using the choices listed above, you can still make a lovely and satisfying cup of coffee. Even if your coffee filter runs out. The above processes are very easy to use as an alternative to paper filters. Although these choices will not compete with an expensive coffee maker it is surely something that works. If you know these methods, you will never be deprived of coffee.