Table of Contents
If you are a coffee snob, you probably take your coffee seriously. You take into account the flavor notes, and every blend must meet a specified criterion to ensure you get nothing but the best coffee from your roast. You prefer to have your coffee brewed in different ways, even though there is the method you like the most. As a coffee snob, you have been in the coffee brewing game long enough to understand the importance of having a high-end coffee maker at home.
While drip coffee machines haven’t always enjoyed the best reputations amongst coffee snobs, advancements in the coffee makers market have brought rise to a few drip coffee makers that might surprise any coffee snob. If you are a coffee snob interested in sampling the latest drip coffee makers, here is everything you need to know about the best drip coffee maker for your lifestyle.
The drip coffee maker buying guide for snobs in 2023
|Top||Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker Featuring Thermal Carafe, Stainless Steel||Learn more|
|Top||Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker, Single-Serve and 12-Cup Pot, Stainless Steel (49980A), Carafe||Learn more|
|Top||BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, Black||Learn more|
When you venture into the market to find the best drip coffee maker to satisfy your exotic coffee taste, these are the factors to consider to ensure you get a drip coffee maker that meets your needs.
The carafe capacity
Your coffee needs determine your carafe choice. Today, it is possible to get drip coffee machines that can brew one cup per cycle or as many as ten cups per brew cycle. Determine your personal needs and those of your household before deciding on the carafe. This will ensure you can make enough coffee for everyone in one brew cycle.
A fully-programmable drip-coffee machine is one of the best choices when it comes to coffee makers. With this machine, you can set a brew cycle to take place every day at a specified time. Automatic coffee machines will commence the brewing, whether you are present or not. If you are the kind of coffee snob who prefers to find ready fresh coffee, a programmable drip coffee maker may interest you.
These coffee makers also come with an auto-shutoff feature. This can be set to take effect a few minutes to an hour after a brew cycle. Programmable coffee makers allow you to control the temperature and brewing speed to make the best cup of coffee.
This feature is the saving grace of most people. If you do not have a fully-programmable coffee maker, a pause feature allows you to steal a cup of coffee from the carafe in the middle of the brew cycle. This feature can come in handy for mornings when you do not have enough time to wait for the drip maker to brew ten cups of coffee.
Type of carafe
One of the reasons coffee nobs dislike drip coffee machines is because most drip machines require a hot plate to keep the coffee hot. Leaving the coffee on a hot plate for too long destroys the quality of the coffee and kills the taste completely. This is a common problem with glass carafes. However, this issue can be solved with thermal carafes. These days, most drip coffee makers come with thermal carafes with double-wall insulation to keep the coffee in optimal brewing temperature of between 195 to 205 degrees for up to two hours without needing a hot plate.
The availability of drip coffee makers with inbuilt grinders is a good reason for coffee snobs to start using drip coffee makers. Nothing beats the rich taste and aroma of coffee made from freshly ground coffee beans. A drip coffee machine with an inbuilt grinder makes the brewing process easier since you do not need to buy a separate grinder. Having two machines in one is also a perfect way of saving on counter space. As a stickler for the absolute best, any coffee snob will love the added benefits of drip coffee makers with built-in grinders.
The task of the Specialty Coffee Associations of America is to test, review, and certify coffee equipment, including drip coffee makers. Always go for machines that are SCAA approved to guarantee quality. Any SCAA certified drip coffee maker will not disappoint in terms of performance and longevity.
The Best Drip Coffee Maker for Coffee Snobs – Recommendations
- One-touch brew operation with auto-off
- Carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are dishwasher safe
- Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195°-205°F (91°-96°C)
- Optional pre-infusion mode wets freshly roasted ground coffee to allow degassing before brewing
- Flat-bottomed filter basket and larger showerhead allow for even better saturation and uniform extraction
- Durable stainless steel lined thermal carafe. Double walled stainless steel thermal carafe
- All plastic is BPA-free
- Length: 12.40 Width: 6.80 Height: 12.20
This is the perfect coffee maker for a coffee snob who prefers to brew fresh coffee enough for a few people. This 8-cup coffee maker comes with one-touch brew operation for easy brewing, and an auto-off feature to save power. The 1500-watt heater ensures the water in the machine reaches the ultimate brewing temperature of 195-205 degrees F for the perfect brew. The pre-infusion mode guarantees optimum extraction by wetting the coffee bed to degas before brewing. You will love the durable stainless-steel thermal carafe with double walls to keep your coffee hot for longer.
Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
- Brew two ways: enjoy either a single-serve cup (travel mug not included) or full pot of Coffee with the 12-cup carafe.
- Fully programmable: wake up to a hot cup of Coffee with fully programmable functionality and auto-shutoff.
- Adjusts to your cup: can brew directly into the carafe, a travel mug (not included) or a short cup(not included)
- Convenient single-serve: brew a cup for one Using loose, ground Coffee.
- Smart features: includes brew strength Selector (regular or bold), Keep-hot warming plate and more.
- Note: Travel mug or cup not included
This two-way brewer is the ultimate coffee maker for a coffee snob with a busy lifestyle. The single-serve coffee brewing option allows you to brew a fresh cup of coffee straight into a travel mug you can take with you wherever you go. The full pot option can brew up to 12 cups of coffee per cycle, making it perfect for those days when you have guests. Since it is fully programmable, you can wake up to a fresh cup of coffee without lifting a finger. Th programmability gives you complete control of the brewing process since you set the machine to brew coffee just the way you like it. Other exciting, smart features include the keep hot warming plate and the strength selector.
BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer
- Fastest 10-Cup Home Coffeemaker brews a full pot of coffee in about 3 minutes
- An always hot internal hot water is ready to brew hot coffee on deman. Item dimensions is 14.8 high x 7.1 wide x 13.8 deep inch. Note-replace sprayhead and brew funnel. Pour additional carafes of fresh, cold water into the brewer as needed until water has no vinegar smell or tasted
- Exclusive drip-free carafe with a proprietary lid and spout design that arcs the pour of the coffee into the cup and wicks the coffee dribbles back into the carafe preventing a mess on cup or counter
- Multi-stream spray head showers hot water evenly over the coffee grounds
- Large flat bottom filter and funnel allows greater interaction between hot water and coffee grounds for superior flavor extraction
- Brews 4 to 10 cups (20 to 50 ounce). 3-year warranty
- Backed by BUNN customer service in Springfield, Illinois
- Based on internal testing of BUNN Speed Brew/ Velocity Brew coffeemakers to other similar coffeemakers
This is one of the fastest large capacity coffee makers that can brew up to 10 cups or as little as 4 cups of coffee in just three minutes. It comes with an internal hot water tank that ensures the machine is always ready to brew. It is made with an exclusive drip-free carafe that has a proprietary lid. The spout design arcs the pour of the coffee into the cup and channels the coffee dribbles back into the carafe, preventing a mess on cup or counter. It works with a multi-stream water shower head to ensure the hot water spreads evenly over the fresh ground coffee for maximum saturation and extraction.
As a coffee snob, you know you always get what you pay for when it comes to coffee makers. With any of the three recommendations above, you will change your mind about drip coffee makers. Should you decide to explore other options, following the buying guide in this article will ensure you land the best drip coffee maker for coffee snobs. With the best drip coffee maker, you will have complete control of the brewing process, just the way you like it. We hope you enjoyed our review, check out the best home nitro cold brew system.