Table of Contents
If you ask anyone, coffee is one of the best ways to relax and relieve stress. The wonderful smell of coffee can improve brain function, and taking coffee makes you proactive. Coffee is the perfect companion when you need a morning energy boost or need to stay up at night to get work done. The only way to ensure you enjoy the benefits associated with drinking coffee is to ensure you can brew straight from your kitchen. The best coffee maker for home use can make this dream a reality.
If you are on a budget, you can get an affordable drip coffee maker. The market is flooded with affordable coffee machines. While this may be good news for people on a budget, it also means that choosing the best one can be confusing. The last thing you want is to spend money on a useless coffee maker. Read on to learn everything you need to know about buying the best drip coffee maker under $50.
Best drip coffee maker under $50 buying guide
|Cuisinart DCC-1100BK Coffeemaker, 12-Cup, Black||Learn more|
|BLACK+DECKER 5-Cup Coffeemaker, Black, DCM600B||Learn more|
|Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker, Fast Brewing, Stainless Steel (49981A)||Learn more|
If you are planning on owning your very first coffee maker, you stand to make a better decision by ensuring you know what to look for in a good coffee maker, especially when on a budget. For $50, you still want to get value for your money. Here are the factors to consider when choosing the best drip coffee makers.
It is always important to consider the number of cups of coffee you prefer your coffee maker to brew per cycle. If you live alone and only need to brew for one person, a single-serve coffee maker can be the best choice. This ensures there is zero wastage and that you enjoy fresh cups of coffee each day. Some models come with the option of brewing with lose coffee ground while others use k-cups and pods. Coffee makers that use lose ground coffee are cheaper in the long run as k-cups and pods can be expensive.
Ease of use
Even for a low budget, it is important to go for a coffee maker that can brew coffee easily. Avoid buying machine with too many steps to follow for a simple cup of coffee. If you can, go for automatic coffee machines as they are the best choice.
Since you are working with a $50 budget, it is important to ensure you find the best machine within your budget. The market is full of low-cost coffee makers. Go through the variety to find the best machine for your money based on features, convenience, and size.
The size of a coffee maker depends on the size of your kitchen and how much space you have for a coffee machine. Budget coffee makers are available in different size variations to suit different needs and preferences.
For a $50 price range, you should not expect too many features. Even so, some coffee machines under this price range are designed to offer enough features to make your home brewing process easy. For 50 dollars, it is possible to find fully programmable coffee makers with simple additional features like coffee strength control, auto-shutoff features, and brew-pause. Many of these coffee makers will come with easy to clean or self-clean feature for easy maintenance.
Always consider additional features when choosing coffee makers for home use. This is the best way t get the most from an affordable coffee maker.
Recommendations for the best drip coffee maker under $50
Cuisinart DCC-1100BK Coffeemaker
- Fully automatic coffeemaker with 24-hour Programmability
- 12-Cup carafe with ergonomic handle, dripless spout, and knuckle guard
- 1- to 4-cup setting; brew Pause; self cleaning; 60-second reset
- Includes charcoal water filter, Permanent gold-tone Coffee filter, measuring scoop and instruction book.
- MC Cubic Feet: 2.24
This is a type of drip coffee maker that offers all the features you would get in a more expensive brand. This is a fully programmable coffee maker, meaning that you can set the machine to brew before you come home or at any other time of the day. It comes with an inbuilt water filter that protects the machine from mineral deposit buildup, while also ensuring the taste of your coffee is not ruined by water minerals. The brew-pause feature makes it possible for you to pour a cup before the brew cycle completes. It has a beautifully designed carafe that prevents spills and messes. The knuckle guard on the handle ensures there are no accidental burns when handling the coffee pot. Overall, this is a fantastic coffee maker for a low-price range.
BLACK+DECKER DCM600B Coffee Maker
- Duralife Glass Carafe- The sturdy 5-cup (25 oz. / 740 ml ) carafe has measurement markings for accurate filling and an easy-grip handle for comfortable pouring
- Removable Filter Basket - Cleanup is easy with the dishwasher-safe filter basket, which is compatible with basket-style paper filters
- Keep Hot Carafe Plate - The nonstick carafe plate keeps coffee warm for an hour after brewing is complete
- Water Window - The easy-view water window with measurement markings lets you brew the perfect amount. Dimensions : 7.3 W x 10.1 H inches
- Lighted On/Off Switch - Just one simple button to start and stop the coffee maker. Volts: 120V/60Hz
If you are looking for the best value for money, this BLACK+DECKER DCM600B Coffee Maker is exactly what you need. This model comes with only one button, which is a welcome surprise in a world where coffee makers are becoming more complex to use. This coffee machine has a water window to make it easy for you to see the water level and refill appropriately. This is ideal for ensuring you always refill with the right amount of water. The filter basket is removable and dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. As a drip coffee maker, you can expect a fast brewing process as the design allows water to pass through the filter faster.
Hamilton Beach 49981A Coffee Maker
- Brew your own ground coffee with single-serve scoop filter.
- Fast brewing: Brew an 8-ounce cup in less than 90 seconds and a 14-ounce travel mug in under 2.5 minutes.
- Flexible: Uses a mesh scoop filter so it can be brewed with your choice of coffee grounds.
- Custom cup: Brews a single-serve cup to your liking with regular (automatic drip) and bold options.
- Durable: Designed with durable, easy-to-clean stainless steel to ensure longevity. Built-in stand for coffee mugs.
- Great features: Features automatic shutoff after brewing, a spill-resistant drip tray and more.
- Note – to prevent coffee overflows, fill coffee grounds to the lowest Line on the scoop filter and do not overfill. Be careful not to overgrind coffee beans, as very finely ground coffee can cause overflows. For a stronger cup of coffee, select the bold setting and use a medium grind size thats appropriate for a standard automatic drip coffee maker. This unit will not brew without water in the water reservoir, even if the brew button is pushed.
This coffee machine comes in an attractive stainless steel exterior similar to what you are likely to find in high-end coffee makers. This design makes this coffee maker easy to clean and maintain, thus ensuring longevity. This is a single-serve coffee machine that uses loose coffee grounds. The reusable mesh scoop filter that allows you to brew using different coffee ground sizes, and makes this machine eco-friendly affordable to use in the long run. The strength selector allows you to choose between bold or regular coffee brews. Other features include an auto-shutoff timer and a spill resistance drip tray.
Before venturing into the market, ensure you have a clear vision of what you want, from machine size to added featured and brew capabilities. This is the only way to get the machine that best suits your needs.
In a world full of brand competition, finding the best drip coffee maker under $50 can be an uphill task. With this guide, you will have an easier time choosing the best coffee maker for your needs within your budget. Please check out Best Stovetop Espresso Makers for our other articles.