Table of Contents
In this article, we will share with you a unique method on how to use a coffee maker without a filter. Keep reading to find out the interesting methods.
The coffee maker plays an important role in our daily routine. Because coffee makes any moment special and energetic. It could be a hangout with friends, a game day, or free time in between a busy schedule. Moreover, it refreshes the human body and mind at any time. You will hardly find a person who dislikes coffee.
In general, a filter is used in every coffee maker to create coffee. The filter allows it to trap the coffee grounds and allow the liquid coffee to flow very easily. Coffee maker filters can sometimes be dirty or damaged. And you may not have the time to take care of it right away. Do you want to know what you can use instead of the coffee maker filter?
How to Use Coffee Maker Without Filter
You can use a paper filter when you don’t have a filter. Below are the step-by-step instructions on how to use a paper filter.
First, take a whole paper towel and fold it in half. Then make the folded paper towel in such a way that it forms a large square.
On a paper towel, take the corner of the square where have no fields. Now create a cone by dragging the remaining 3 angles backward. Then remove your coffee maker basket from the machine.
All you have to do at this stage is set the cone of the paper towel in your coffee maker’s filter basket. After setting the paper towel cone in the coffee makers filter basket properly, add the coffee grounds. By the way, if your coffee filter basket is large then use two paper towels and follow the same process as before which is given in steps 1 and 2.
Next, you have to fix the basket in the coffee maker and close the lid. Prepare your coffee in the same way as before to make normal coffee.
- Always avoid towels with decorative printing or embossing. Because these contain a variety of pigments that are harmful to the body.
- Usually, paper towel coffee filters work well with normal size coffee containers. So, you should not make too much coffee and this creates the risk of ripping paper towels.
How to Make Coffee without a Filter
With the help of a coffee maker, it has become much easier and saves time in making coffee. Occasionally you may find yourself in a situation where you have to make coffee without a filter. So, if you are wondering how to make delicious coffee without using a filter, this content may be useful to you. Check out the methods below to make a cup of satisfying coffee without a filter.
Making coffee without a filter is easier than you may think. If your coffee machine stops working unexpectedly, you should know this method so that you can make coffee without a filter.
- First, place a pot of water on the stove and heat it. If you have an electric kettle, you can also heat through it.
- When your water starts to boil, turn off the heat source. After heating the water, wait 40 seconds for the water to cool slightly.
- When the water cools down a bit, pour 2 tablespoons of ground coffee for a cup of coffee. Allow one more minute for the coffee grounds to settle to the bottom of the pot.
- One more thing, you can also add some sugar according to your taste to enhance the flavor. It’s completely your choice.
- Stir the mixture continuously for 4 minutes. After completing the 4 minutes, pour the prepared coffee mixture into a cup. You must use a cheesecloth before pouring. If you don’t have a cheesecloth, you can use a clean kitchen dish towel or empty tea bags to filter the coffee mixture.
- When you mix water with coffee grounds, some foam will be created. If you like foam, you can eat it. Otherwise, you can pick up the foam and then eat it.
- Finally, remove the filter substitute and enjoy your coffee.
If you want to bring perfection to your coffee, measure the amount of water through a scale. The ideal quantity of water for one cup of coffee is around 6 to 8 ounces or 180 ml to 240 ml. Although the volume of water depends on the size of your coffee cup. Make sure not to pour all the water together and let it bloom.
Anyway, we recommend starting the brewing process by boiling water fast. Because it needs 40 seconds to cool before adding the coffee ground. If you pour boiling water with ground coffee without cooling it a bit, it can ruin the taste. So, be aware of this.
The easiest way is to use a sock as a filter when it comes to making one cup of coffee without using any paper filter or coffee maker.
- The basic rule is that for each cup of coffee you need to add 2 teaspoons of ground coffee. Now pour 2 tablespoons of ground coffee into your sock. You can also add more or less according to your taste.
- Now place the sock in boiling water and remove it from heat. Make sure that the grounds do not escape from the socks when placing the whole sock in a pan of hot water. The quantity of water for 1 cup of medium size coffee mug will be 200 to 250 ml.
- Leave it like this for 4 to 6 minutes. The time will depend on how thick your socks are.
- Finally, remove the soak and drink your coffee.
If you want a good coffee, the combination of water and coffee grounds must be correct.
As you can see, without tools like coffee filters, you can make coffee at home easily and least effort. Not even a coffee maker is necessary. All you need to do is heat some water in the stovetop and use one of the filter options mentioned such as a paper towel or an instant coffee powder. Making coffee is easy in this process and even without a coffee filter, you can do it accurately.