Table of Contents
- Learn How To Use Self Clean Function On Cuisinart Coffee Maker
Learn How To Use Self Clean Function On Cuisinart Coffee Maker
Cleaning a coffee maker is one of the indispensable aspects of using a coffee maker. Depending on the coffee maker in question, methods of cleaning a coffee maker might vary, and some coffee makers offer a self clean function that allows you to do just a little, and the coffee maker will do the bulk of the work during the cleaning. Cuisinart is one of such coffee makers that offer self clean function on most models of their coffee maker. And this only further emphasize that Cuisinart coffee maker is always a good choice of coffee maker. While the clean function of a Cuisinart coffee maker is a great one, it really has no use if you don’t know how to utilize it. That is why in this post you will learn how to use self clean function on Cuisinart coffee maker. Cleaning a Cuisinart coffee maker is easy, especially since it has a self clean feature. You just need to do a little bit of this and that, which we will go ahead to discuss.
What Is Self Clean Function On Cuisinart Coffee Maker
Self Clean Function is one of the features of a Cuisinart coffee maker which allows it to deep clean and remove all molds and limescale that have formed in the coffee maker. The Self Clean Function works when you must have put everything the coffee maker needs for a clean cycle in place. It makes cleaning your coffee maker easier because you only need to push a button and in a short while the coffee maker will be as good as new. The clean function also mostly works with an indicator that lets you know when the coffee maker is due for cleaning and this saves you the stress of wondering when to clean your coffee maker.
How Often Do I Need To Clean
Typically, a Cuisinart coffee maker will have an indicator that will let you know when to clean your coffee maker. But, just in case your coffee maker has no indicator or if the indicator does not pick up fast, there is a time specification for when to clean your coffee maker. Cuisinart recommends that you clean your coffee maker at least once in every two to three months. How often you clean your coffee maker will mostly depend on the kind of water in your area. Water tend to contain varied amounts of mineral deposits depending on the location. If you have hard water, you will have to clean your coffee maker more often than someone that has soft water. Another way to know when to clean your coffee maker is when you notice a slowdown in its brewing time or if you notice that your coffee maker no longer brews completely. Try to clean your coffee maker as much as possible.
What Are The Requirements For Cleaning Cuisinart Coffee Maker
There is no special requirements for cleaning your coffee maker. Just make sure you have everything you need in place and they are as follows:
- Distilled white vinegar
- Clean water
- An empty bowl
- Two soft materials
How To Go About Using The Self Clean Function On Cuisinart Coffee Maker
Once you have everything you need in place and within reach, then you can go ahead follow the steps listed below :
- First, you have to take out the charcoal water filter from the reservoir, it has no business during the cleaning cycle.
- Empty the water reservoir completely.
- Fill the carafe with Distilled white vinegar ⅓ parts full and pour into the water reservoir.
- Fill the carafe with clean water ⅔ parts full and pour into the reservoir.
- The mixture of the vinegar with water should be in ratio 1:2 respectively.
- Press the self clean button and turn on the coffee maker.
- The coffee maker will complete the clean cycle. But it will take about 30 minutes for the process to be completed. It takes longer time to clean than it takes to brew.
- Vinegar has a strong smell so you have to run two water only cycles to remove the smell. If you don’t feel comfortable with the smell just yet, it’s completely okay to run more water-only cycles.
- Wipe down the body of the coffee maker with a soft damp material to remove any spills.
Tips To Maintain Cuisinart Coffee Maker
Maintaining your coffee maker properly is the sure bet of having a long lasting coffee maker that functions well. Take these following tips to properly maintain your coffee maker.
- Clean with only soft materials. You don’t want to use any abrasive cleaner on your coffee maker because this will leave it scratched and it won’t look as good as it did.
- Never immerse your coffee maker in water. No matter how dirty your coffee maker is, resist the urge to immerse it in water. Cleaning it with a damp material will do.
- Clean your coffee maker as often as possible. This will help make sure it works efficiently and it won’t get damaged any time soon.
- Always keep your coffee maker dry. If there are any spills on it, wipe it down immediately.
- Turn your coffee maker off when it’s not in use.
- Clean the removable parts of your coffee maker after every use. This will help keep out old coffee grounds from your coffee maker and keep the taste of your cup of coffee in check.
Cleaning your coffee maker is easy and it got easier with the self clean function of the coffee maker. It is true that you need to clean your coffee maker often, and when you have a self clean feature to do that for you, I think it’s quite motivating. Make sure you optimize this function and clean your coffee maker whenever you need to. Cleaning your coffee maker will help make sure you have fresh and properly brewed cup of coffee every time you brew. Don’t give your coffee maker a chance to be lazy on you, utilize the self clean button, get it cleaned up!