Table of Contents
The hot plate in the coffee maker is something that allows you to keep the coffee hot. It consists of a heating element that helps to keep your coffee hot and fresh for a long duration. The hot plate is sometimes also called a warming plate. Typically, it produces around 120 F to 140 F heat to keep the coffee hot. As made of metals, the hot plate can easily become rusted. Let’s see How to Remove Rust from Coffee Maker Hot Plate.
Purchasing a coffee maker that arrives with a hot plate can be a wise decision. That is because it helps you to keep the coffee hot for a long time. By doing this, it allows you to make the coffee at a time and you don’t require making coffee whenever you want to drink it. Keep going through the article to find out how to get rid of the rust from the coffee maker’s hot plate.
Different Ways to Remove Rust from Coffee Maker Hot Plate
It is important to keep the proper maintenance of the hot plate to prevent rust. But what to do if the hot plate is already rusted? You will be glad to know that there are several ways to get rid of the rust. Below, we will discuss some of the best and effective methods to deal with the rush:
White vinegar is something that you will find all the kitchen. The natural substance work amazingly to remove the rust from the surface. As it is natural, there are very few chances of damaging the surface by using white vinegar. You can use white vinegar to get rid of the rust from cast iron, metal, clothes, or any other surface. Below, we will discuss how to use it to remove rust from the hot plate of your coffee machine:
- Begin with unplugging the coffee maker from the electric outlet. Then remove the coffee pot from it.
- Now take some white vinegar and soak a clean cloth on the liquid.
- Now leave the soaked wet cloth on the coffee maker’s hot plate. It would be better if you leave it for few hours.
- When you are ready to clean, remove the soaked cloth. Then wipe the coffee maker’s hot plate using a cloth rag or paper towel. The rust should be removed.
Another easy way to remove the rust from the hot plate can be the aluminum foil. It is an easy way to get rid of the rust from the plates. It is also effective most of the time as it removes the rust by chemical reaction. Here is how to use aluminum foil to clean the rust from the hot plate of the coffee maker:
- Begin with tearing a strip of aluminum foil and dipping it on clean water.
- Once the aluminum foil is properly wetted, wand it up.
- Now rub the foil against the rust by targeting the affected area.
- Rubbing will dry the foil. So, you need to wet it again. You may also completely change the foil paper.
- Once you have rubbed all the affected areas, clean them with a soap-filled pad. This will help to eliminate the leftover.
- After completing the above method, rinse off the remaining from the hot plate and dry it properly before using.
Commercial Rust Remover
There is a lot of commercial rust remover available in the market. They can effectively remove rust from any surface. They will be the best way to remove the rust as they are designed for the work. We will recommend you the Navel Jelly. It is one of the best and most effective rust removers out there. Here is how to use it:
- Begin with unplugging the coffee maker and then let it cool down.
- After that, clean the hot plate of the coffee maker with soap and water.
- Once you are done with the cleaning, let the component dry perfectly
- Now apply the cleaning solution to the plate by using a brush.
- After applying, let the cleaner sit on the surface for around 20 to 40 minutes.
- Now, rinse off the cleaning solution and let the surface dry properly.
If you are using other cleaners, make sure to use the recommended process to get the best outcome.
Oxalic acid can be a great way to remove rust. It is also suitable for a variety of cleaning works. Typically, the acid consists of natural components and comes in a powdered form. As a result, it is mostly safe. Let’s see how to use the oxalic acid to clean the rust from the coffee maker hot plate:
- Unplug the device and let it become cool. Then mix water and oxalic acid in a small bowl.
- The water should consist of 90% and the oxalic acid should be 10 % in the solution.
- Once you are done, apply the solution using a brush or cloth on the hot plate of the coffee maker.
- Then use a cloth rag to wipe off the solution after 30 minutes. You may require to repeat the procedure remove if the rust is not completely removed the first time.
How to Prevent the Rust
Here is what you should prevent the rust in the coffee maker’s hot plate:
- Clean and dry the coffee maker and the hot plate properly after every brew.
- Once after making the coffee, you should remove the wet ground as it can drip water.
- Avoid filling the coffee pot entirely as it can splash water on the hot plate.
- If you find any splash in the hot plate, clean it instantly using a clean and dry cloth.
The coffee maker hot plate is a great option to enjoy coffee without making it every time. It is important to take proper maintenance of this part along with the coffee maker to avoid rust and other issues. And, if you somehow end up with rust, use any of the suitable methods discussed above to remove the rust.