Table of Contents
A hot cup of coffee is more than just part of the morning routine. It is a pleasurable experience for most people and therapeutic to some. According to studies, more than 83% of adults use coffee to jumpstart their day. This is why most people invest in the best coffee makers in the market. If you are in the market for a coffee maker, one of the choices you will need to make is whether to go for a hot plate coffee maker/glass carafe coffee maker or a thermal carafe coffee maker.
With glass carafes, the coffee maker also comes with a hot plate for warming the coffee after the brewing process has completed. Thermal carafes do not need a hot plate since they are insulated to maintain the coffee temperature long after the brewing process has completed.
|Cuisinart DCC-1200PRC 12-Cup Replacement Glass Carafe, Black, 12 Cup||Learn more|
|Ninja Coffee Bar 6-Cup Glass Replacement Carafe for Coffee Bar Brewers (CFCARAFEG)||Learn more|
|Technivorm 59835 1.25L Glass Carafe, for KB, Brewers||Learn more|
|Takeya Patented and Airtight Pitcher Made in the USA, 1 Quart, Black||Learn more|
- 12-cup glass carafe
- Ergonomic handle
- Dripless spout
- Knuckle guard
- Compatible with Cuisinart coffee maker models: CHW-12, DCC-1200, DCC-1100BK, DGB-550BK, DGB-625BC and DCC-2650
- Unit Dimensions: 5. 75 x 8. 5 x 6. 375
- For use with DCC-1200,DGB500BK
This is a type of container used in some drip coffee makers. For a glass carafe to work, it requires to be placed on a hot plate to keep your coffee hot. The best coffee maker with a warming plate makes the perfect choice for formal and elegant coffee serving settings. They are also the best choice if you do not intend to brew too much coffee and leave some in the carafe for long.
The main advantage of glass carafe coffee makers is their affordability. They are cheaper than thermal carafes. They also offer a more presentable way of serving coffee.
Another advantage of a glass carafe is the ability to see what is in the coffee pot. This is a useful feature when you need to keep the coffee brewing for a group of people, as you will know when you need to start the brew cycle again. Some people prefer the glass carafes because they enable them to watch as the coffee brew, which is not possible with thermal carafes.
Glass carafes are also very easy to clean. Most of them are dishwasher friendly or can be cleaned manually after each brew. Also, a glass carafe is made from unreactive material, which ensures you enjoy the full taste of your coffee without unwanted flavors. Some coffee lovers with sensitive taste buds say that the thermal carafe leaves a metallic taste in the coffee.
The disadvantage of glass carafe is the need for a hot plate to keep the coffee hot. This means that your coffee will continue to cook even after the brew cycle has completed. Leaving your coffee on the hot plate for too long will degrade the quality and give it a bitter taste.
- LONG HEAT AND COLD RETENTION » Cresimo’s vacuum insulation technology locks in temperature to preserve flavour and freshness, that keeps beverages hot for 12 hours or cold for 24 hours.
- QUALITY » Our double walled thermal carafe coffee holder is made up of a durable 18/8 stainless steel interior and exterior, built to withstand the demands of everyday use.
- SINGLE HAND POURING » Pour spout opens easily with push button ease, making one-handed pouring of this coffee carafe simple.
- USER FRIENDLY » It’s large mouth opening makes filling and cleaning easy; it can even be used with ice for extra cold refreshment. It’s outer body stays cool to the touch when filled with hot liquids and is condensation-free with cold beverages. Perfect as a hot water dispenser, tea dispenser, or for hot chocolate.
- WORRY FREE 1 YEAR WARRANTY » 100% Guarantee! If you are not completely satisfied, contact us immediately! This warranty is exclusive to sales through Cresimo only and purchases made through unauthorized re-sellers will not be covered by this same manufacturer’s warranty.
A thermal carafe is a double wall stainless steel container where coffee drips into after brewing. Some thermal carafes can be made of plastic material with an inner stainless-steel insulation to keep the coffee hot. The double-wall insulation can consist of another material such as rolled steel, powder-coated aluminum, or plastic. These thermal carafes are mostly made with a vacuum between the insulation walls to minimize heat loss. This way, the carafe keeps the coffee hot for hours.
Most thermoses and French press machines operate using this mechanism.
Pros and cons of thermal carafes
Apart from the ability to keep coffee piping hot for hours, these coffee containers come with numerous other benefits. Because this coffee maker does not require to remain on the hot plate, it ensures the quality and taste of your coffee is maintained. This ability to keep the coffee fresh for longer is one of the significant benefits it has over glass carafe coffee makers.
- Keeps coffee hot for longer
- Maintains the taste and freshness of the coffee
- Prevents the burnt taste of coffee, which is common with glass carafes.
- Most thermal carafes are shatter resistant, making them long-lasting.
- Therma carafes are heavy
- Content is not visible
- Not the best for elegant or formal settings
Other factors to consider when buying drip coffee makers
Programmable coffee makers are meant to make the brewing process easy. The best coffee maker with warming plate can come with the added benefit of grinding your coffee beans, optimal temperature settings, fast brewing capabilities, and the ability o determine your brew strength. Programmable coffee makers give you a choice to auto-start the coffee-making process. This is the perfect feature for anyone who prefers to wake up to a ready cup of coffee.
How big or small your warming plate coffee maker is also an important factor to consider. This is mostly determined by the size of your kitchen. You do not want a coffee maker that takes up too much space in your kitchen. Also, the number of people the coffee machine caters to should determine the size. It is pointless to buy a 12-cup capacity coffee maker when you only need to brew a cup or two every day.
The Specialty Coffee Association of America is an organization dedicated to ensuring you get nothing but the best coffee makers. The best coffee maker with warming plate should be SCAA certified. This goes to show that it meets the minimum requirements to ensure you can brew the best coffee from home. SCAA tests all coffee machines before they are available in the market. Therefore, check for this certification to ensure you get the best.
Drip coffee makers are some of the most affordable coffee machines in the market. Even so, the price can vary depending on factors such as the type of carafe used, programmability, size, and brand. Ensure you compare different types of drip coffee makers to find the one that meets your needs. The best part about these machines is that even the most advanced makers are available at reasonable rates.
There are numerous coffee makers available to fit different lifestyles and budgets. When picking the best coffee maker with warming plate, ensure you consider the programmability features you prefer, the size and capacity to ensure it meets your household’s coffee needs with ease. With the best drip coffee maker, you are bound to enjoy the best coffee brewing experience straight from your kitchen.