Table of Contents
Do you want to know how to set the timer on the Black and Decker Coffee Maker? You have arrived at the right place.
Black and Decker are one of the most reliable manufacturers of coffee maker devices currently. They manufacture a number of coffee maker devices. Some of the coffee makers from Black and Decker arrive with automatic programmable features. Some features even allow you to make the coffee automatically. Furthermore, you can set the timer to make the coffee at a specific time.
In this article, we will discuss how to program your Black and Decker coffee maker. That is not all, you will also know how to set a timer on the Black and Decker to prepare a cup of coffee at your preferred time. So, if you have just purchased a Black and Decker, keep reading the article to know how to make use of the smart features.
Black and Decker Coffee Maker Features
If you have just purchased the Black and Decker, you made a great decision. This device will help you to enjoy a perfect cup of coffee without much effort. However, you need to understand the features of the device before using it properly. Let’s know about some of the features of Black and Decker coffee makers:
- Control Panel: That is the part where the magic happens. You can change the settings and manage everything from the control panel.
- Water Reservoir: As the name recommends, it holds the water for making coffee. There is a cup level marking on it, allowing you to understand how much water you need to add.
- Cold Storage: There is cold storage in the Black and Decker coffee maker. You can store cold ingredients or ice in it.
- Quick Touch Programming: This allows you to set a timer for auto-brewing your coffee at your preferred time.
- Light Indicator: There is a brew light indicator in the coffee maker. It indicates that the coffee is ready.
- Vortex Technology: This is an impressive feature of the Black and Decker. It assures the perfect water flow to extract the coffee flavors properly.
These are some of the features of the Black and Decker coffee maker. Of course, there are other features. But these are the ones that you need to understand properly.
Before You Set Timer on Black and Decker Coffee Maker
The most impressive and convenient feature of the Black and Decker Coffee Maker is the program function. This allows you to set the machine to brew a coffee just at the right time so that you can enjoy it instantly. As an example, let’s assume you wake up at 6 am. and the first thing you want is a cup of hot coffee. The program function allows you to turn on the machine just before that time and start brewing a coffee.
That means you don’t require waiting for the coffee to brew. All you need to do is just wake up and grab the coffee. What’s more interesting is the coffee maker can keep the coffee warm for around 2 hours. That means it doesn’t matter if you want to wake up a bit late. Before you set the timer, we recommend programming the machine first. Let’s see how to do this:
Set the HR
The first thing you need to do is to program the HR button. As soon as you plug the machine, you will see that the time is showing in the display and it is flashing. You should find the HR button near the display which lets you set the hours. At first, press the PROG button. Then hold the HR button and this will start changing the number. Release the button as soon as you reach the desired hour.
The time will be in AM in default but you can always change it to PM. Here is what you need to: Complete a cycle of 1 to 12th hours by holding the button and then you will see PM in the display. How you can get back to AM? Well, you need to repeat the cycle 1 to 12th. After doing this, you will not see PM in the display.
Set the MIN
Once you have set the hours, you will now require setting the MIN. You should find the MIN button nearby the display. Simply tap and hold the MIN button and release it when you see the desired time. If you want a two digited minute, then holding and releasing the button will advance you one digit. This way you can set the minute.
Set the AUTO Button
Setting the Auto button will allow you to set the timer. Once you have set the HR and MIN, you need to adjust the AUTO button. Here is what to do: press the AUTO button and hold it until you see the light flashed. You should now see the current time in the display. That’s it; you have successfully programmed the machine.
How To Set Timer on Black and Decker Coffee Maker?
When you set the timer, the coffee maker will brew the coffee at that specific moment. Once you have programmed the machine, it is very easy to set the timer in the Black and Decker Coffee Maker. Here is how to do this:
- Press the PROG button in the coffee maker. Now hold the HR button and release it when your preferred hour occurs. Do the same for the MIN button to set the specific minutes.
- Once you have done this, you need to press the AUTO button for a few seconds. Release the button when the light flashes on the display.
- Once you have correctly set the timer, it will flash the screen several times. After that, it will revert back to the current time. That’s it; you are done.
The Auto Brew feature can be an excellent convenience for you if you know how to make use of the timer. Hopefully, the article will help you to program the machine and set the timer to brew your coffee automatically. Let’ us know if you encounter any issues.