Table of Contents
How to clean Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker? Well, just like any other coffee maker, the Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker also requires some sort of cleaning. This article will let you know how to clean the coffee maker in some easy steps.
The Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker is a revolutionary addition to the coffee maker market. Making a cup of coffee of your favorite flavor is now easier than ever. With a single touch of a button, your coffee should be ready to enjoy when you have a Keurig Coffee Maker.
One of the big conveniences of the Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker typically doesn’t require cleaning every day. But it is still important to clean the coffee maker frequently to get the best out of the device. Besides, the Keurig coffee maker can be a breeding factory of bacteria and mold if you leave it uncleaned.
If you want the best performance from your Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker, keep reading the article. Below, we will let you know how to frequently clean the coffee maker, how to descale it, and how to replace the filter. Keep following the article in your best interest.
How to Clean Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker Weekly
You should perform some light cleaning rituals for the Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker. This will help you to keep the machine in good shape to assure you the efficient performance for a long time. Here is what you need to:
- Turn off the coffee maker and disconnect the plug. If it’s been used recently, leave it for a few minutes to cool down.
- The next thing you need to do is to disassemble the detachable components of the coffee maker. These include the mug tray, lid, water reservoir, and k-cup holder.
- Make use of the warm soapy water to clean the k-cup holder and mug tray.
- Remove the water filter from the reservoir. Now damp a clean cloth in soapy water. Now wipe the surface using the damp cloth.
- Once you completed the cleaning of the reservoir and the lid, let them dry in the air. You might also use a lint-free cloth to quickly dry these parts.
- Now use a wet sponge to clean the exterior of the coffee maker. Make sure to use a non-abrasive sponge to prevent any damages.
Some of the Keurig coffee makers currently arrive with dishwasher-safe parts. If the components of your coffee maker are dishwasher safe, you might take this chance to clean them easily. Once you are done with the cleaning, put back the parts in their place.
How to Descale Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker
Descaling the coffee maker is very important to keep the perfect taste of the coffee. As you use water in the machine, there can be mineral buildup caused by calcium, magnesium, and other things in the water. Although they are non-toxic, they can affect the taste of the coffee. Furthermore, they can also affect the lifespan of the coffee maker by over-using the device.
For the Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker, it is recommended to descale the machine once within six months. In case you don’t know, descaling is the process of removing the buildup from the machine. Don’t worry, the entire process is very easy. Below, we will let you know how to descale the coffee maker.
- Turn on the coffee maker if it was off. Then empty the water reservoir if there is any water.
- Now add 16 ounces of white vinegar to the coffee maker. You might also use the descaling solution from Keurig for better cleaning.
- The next thing you need to do is to add around 16 ounces of water. Now your cleaning solution is ready.
- Now you need to initiate a brew cycle without using the k-cup. Simply switch on the brew like usual and use a mug below to catch the liquid.
- You will require repeating the process until you see the “ADD Water” illumination. Once the cleaning is complete, discard the solution from the machine.
- The next thing you need to run a rinse cycle to flush off the remaining solution from the machine. Simply fill the machine with clean water and run the rinse cycle.
- You might require repeating the brew cycle with water two to three times to remove any trace of vinegar. This is important to get rid of the vinegar smell.
Typically, it is recommended to use vinegar as it is an effective natural cleaning agent. You might also use the commercial solution available from the manufacturer. This might offer effective cleaning.
How to Replace the Cartridge in Keurig Coffee Maker
Follow the below process to replace the cartridge in Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker. It needs to be replaced once in two months. This is also a part of cleaning. Below, you will find the steps you need to follow.
- Begin with soaking the new cartridge in the freshwater. Keep it for around 5 minutes and then rinse it on running water for 60 seconds.
- Now wash the lower filter holder’s mesh and then insert the new cartridge in the upper filter holder. Then snap it on the lid.
- Now you can put it back in its place on the water reservoir and lock it.
How to Clean the Reusable Filter of Keurig Coffee Maker?
If you are using reusable filters, you need to clean them properly to get rid of the trapped ground. Here is how to do this: soak it in the vinegar-water solution for a while and then use a small brush to loosen the trapped granules. This should leave the filter pretty clean.
The Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker can make your life a whole lot easier. Make sure that you are using the coffee maker in the correct manner to prolong its lifespan. In the above, we have discussed all the cleaning guides you will ever need to keep the coffee maker clean. We hope you will find the methods of cleaning effectively.