Table of Contents
When it comes to coffee roast levels, dark roast is one of the most commonly loved variations there is in the market. To enjoy the perfect dark roast, you need to get the best coffee beans and brew them at the right temperature. The most important part of this process is using the best coffee maker for a dark roast.
Dark roast coffee is usually dark brown with an oily surface. It is low in acidity and has a deeper, darker flavour. When coffee is roasted to the dark level, it loses most of its original characteristics and adopts a unique taste.
Tips to brewing the best dark roast coffee
|Top Top||Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee, Latte and Cappuccino Maker, Comes with Dishwasher Safe Milk Frother, Coffee Shot Capability, Nickel||Learn more|
|Top Top||Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, 6 to 10 oz. Brew Sizes, Black||Learn more|
|Top Top||De'Longhi Dinamica Automatic Coffee & Espresso Machine TrueBrew (Iced-Coffee), Burr Grinder + Descaling Solution, Cleaning Brush & Bean Shaped Icecube Tray, Black, ECAM35020B||Learn more|
Keep it fresh
The most common concern for most coffee lovers is how to keep the coffee beans fresh for longer. Dark roast beans can go stale in days. This is because the structure of the beans is broken down during the roasting process. Therefore, to ensure you can enjoy your dark roasted coffee for longer, it is advisable to buy the beans in smaller portions. Avoid buying dark roast beans that do not have the roast date on the package.
Reduce your brewing temperature
For dark roast coffee, the standard recommended temperature is 195 degreed F. brewing your dark roast at a temperature above 195 will give you a bitter tasty ashy coffee finish. One hundred ninety-five degrees ensures your coffee is smooth and delicious. If you prefer your coffee dark and strong, you can increase the amount of coffee you use to brew. Another option to make your dark roast coffee stronger is to increase the brewing time from 30 seconds to one minute. This is best if your coffee machine allows you to control the brewing time.
Drink a small amount at a time
The quality of your dark coffee flavour declines as it cools. The body and chocolatey taste in the coffee is best when the coffee is hot. These flavour notes get lost as the coffee cools. To always enjoy your dark roast at its best, it is ideal to pour small amounts to ensure you can finish before it gets cold. If you brew a cup at a time, ensure you brew less coffee. For makers than brew more, ensure you pour less and leave the rest to stay hot in the carafe.
Use an air roaster
Roast your beans on a fluid bed air roaster to achieve a less burnt and cleaner roast finish. In an air roaster, the chaff from the coffee roasting process is blown out of the chamber. This ensures no chaff residue can carry a burnt flavour onto your roasted beans.
Recommendations for the best coffee maker for dark roast
Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Coffee Maker
- Special edition: Complement your kitchen with the premium nickel colored finish, metal handle and drip tray
- 4 cup sizes: 6, 8, 10, and 12 ounces
- Simple button controls: Just insert any k cup pod and use the button controls to brew delicious coffee, or make hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.120v
- Large 60 ounces water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine; Removable reservoir makes refilling easy
- Smart start: Your coffee maker heats, then brews in one simple process; No need to wait for it to heat before selecting your cup size
- Energy efficient: Programmable auto off feature automatically turns your brewer off 2 hours after the last brew for energy savings
- Travel mug friendly: Accommodates travel mugs upto 7.2 inches tall and is top rack dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. 16.7 inch h (with handle open)
- Compatible with the my k-cup universal reusable coffee filter: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately). 30 inch Cord Length
- Brewer maintenance reminder: Alerts you when it is time to descale your coffee maker. Descaling is an important process that removes built-up calcium deposits, ensuring the best-tasting brew possible.
Whether you need to make a dark roast cappuccino, espresso, or iced latte, this coffee maker promises to deliver the best tasting coffee every day. It comes in a stylish nickel exterior finish with metal handles and a drip tray. With this machine, you can comfortably make coffee for any of four cup sizes (6, 8, 10, and 12 ounces), including a travel mug. The simple button control allows you to use any k-cup pod to brew delicious dark roast coffee. With the large 60-ounce water reservoir, you can brew up to six cups of coffee before you need to refill. This machine will save you precious time in your morning routine. The smart start feature allows you to set the machine to the preferred brewing time. It is energy efficient thanks to the auto-off feature that powers off the machine two hours after the last brew.
Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- Auto-off: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy.
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute.
The Keurig K-classic coffee maker is one of the best choices if you need an affordable coffee maker that can deliver dark roast coffee whenever you need it. This machine can brew multiple K-pod sizes ranging from 6 to 10 ounces. The 48-ounce water reservoir can hold enough water for at least 6 cups of coffee, making it ideal for households with multiple coffee drinkers. This reservoir is also removable for easy refilling. This is a programmable coffee maker with an auto-off timer that activates whenever the machine is idle for more than 2 hours after the last brew. This machine can be descaled easily to get rid of coffee deposits, therefore ensuring you enjoy tasty dark roast coffee each time. With the simple button control technology, you only need to insert the coffee pod, select your ideal cup size and brew a tasty dark roast fix in a minute.
De’Longhi Dinamica Automatic Coffee & Espresso Machine
- The true Brew process delivers smooth, full-bodied Iced Coffee by brewing at a lower temperature, pre-infusing and infusing the Coffee over ice that’s never watered down.
- Heat-up time in less than 40 seconds: with Italian 15 bar high performance pump and it takes only 40 seconds to heat up the machine and start brewing
- Brew the freshest Coffee: with bean to cup brewing system and a breakthrough built-in steel burr grinder, enjoy the freshest cup of Coffee, every time
- Integrated adjustable manual frother: allows you to customize steam and foam levels for rich, creamy, long-lasting lattes and cappuccinos – with no Barista experience required. The adjustable steel burr grinder has 13 setting options for a perfect grind of the whole beans
- The simplest machine to clean: with a removable brew unit and dishwasher-safe drip tray, This machine takes half the time and cost to clean compared vs. Competitor models and without the use of chemicals.Beans container capacity: 10.6 oz
- Utilize DeLonghi specialized call center for help in setting up and maintaining your machine at 866-528-8323 (latte best). warranties may not apply to purchases from an unauthorized retailer
Even with no barista skills, the true-brew process of the De’Longhi Dinamica Automatic Coffee & Espresso Machine ensures your dark roasted coffee is always smooth and full-bodied. This machine is perfect because or can brew at the recommended 195 degrees temperature to give the perfect dark roast brew. It can also pre-infuse and infuse your coffee over ice if you are a lover of iced coffee. The low heat time of less than 40 seconds ensures the machine is up and ready to brew in no time. It uses a bean to cup brewing system that ensures the coffee you get is fresh all the time, just as it is required for a dark roast. The best part about this machine is the manual frothing system. This allows you to customize the steam and foam levels in your coffees to get creamy, richer cappuccinos and lattes. No need to worry if you do not own a grinder as this coffee maker comes with an inbuilt burr coffee grinder for grinding your dark roast beans for fresh coffee. The removable parts are dishwasher friendly, and the machine is very easy to clean and descale.
Without a doubt, dark roast coffee is one of the best types of coffee you can enjoy. With the best coffee maker for a dark roast, you can enjoy fresh cups of coffee every day from the comfort of your home. Ensure you brew in the recommended temperatures and brew for at least two minutes and not more than three for the best results. Also, experiment with different grind sizes to get the perfect blend. Be sure to not miss our latest article on best nitro cold brew coffee maker.