Table of Contents
When it comes to coffee machines, single cup coffee makers have completely revolutionized the coffee-making experience from home. Regardless of the brand you choose, one thing it guarantees is the delivery of excellently brewed coffee every time. The best part about owning a single cup coffee maker is the effectiveness it offers thanks to its ability to brew a fresh fix in no time.
If you are looking to upgrade to a modern single cup coffee maker or are entirely new to single cup coffee makers, this article has all the information you need to ensure you choose the perfect machine for coffee brewing at home. The modern single-cup machines come in a more compact size, making them ideal for small kitchen spaces. They also come packed with more features than their predecessors. This guarantees a better tasting cup of joe every time.
What is a single cup coffee maker?
This is simply a coffee machine that makes one cup of coffee at a time. This type of coffee maker is loved for its convenience of brewing a cup in just a minute or less. Different models come with different features, with the water reservoir as the most common distinguishing factor. Some coffee makers come with water reservoirs that can hold enough water for just one cup, while others can hold water for several cups.
Some single cup coffee machines use coffee pods to brew. Even though these types of coffee machines can be expensive to use, more brands seem to be going in the way of manufacturing single-cup machines that use coffee pods. This is because, despite the high price of coffee pods, coffee discs or K-cups, the overall cost of brewing a cup of coffee from these machines is still low when compared to buying coffee every morning.
Finding the best rated single cup coffee makers
Before investing your hard-earned money in a single cup coffee maker, you need first to determine what you need in a personal brewer. Some of the most important factors to consider include coffee taste, convenience, and cost. It pays to determine which factors are essential to you as it will ensure you pick the machine that caters to your needs. Without clear cut ideas of what you need, you will keep looking through coffee machined without really knowing which one to pick. This will amount to a waste of time.
If you have picky taste buds, it is important to consider brewing methods. Different single cup coffee makers make coffee that tastes different. This is because different machines use different brewing methods. Depending on your preference, one type of coffee maker may make coffee that tastes better than the next one to you.
Common brewing methods employed by single cup coffee makers include:
- Drip coffee making
- Pressurized brewing
- Cone pour-over method
- Cold-brew method
- French press method
- Espresso brewing
It is important to read reviews on the best single cup coffee makers. When looking for reviews, you need to be cautious as not all reviews are honest. The best reviews come from people who have purchased and used a brand.
A coffee machine is as good as what goes into it
Sometimes you may find a friend or relative using a single cup coffee maker you are interested in. If you decide to test drive this machine, you may not like the taste of the coffee it produces, which is different from what was promised in reviews. Sometimes, this is not because the machine is falsely advertised but more because of the type of coffee and water used in the machine. Prepacked ground coffee is not always the best choice, and unpurified water can also affect the quality of the coffee.
If you can, it is best to go for a single cup coffee maker with an inbuilt grinder. This will ensure you use freshly ground coffee every time you need to brew. In turn, this eliminates the issues associated with using stale ground coffee from the store. If you choose to use ground coffee, never use a batch that has been sitting on a shelf for more than one week.
The best water to use for making your coffee is filtered or pre-boiled water. Avoid using water straight from your tap, especially if you live in hard water zones. Unfiltered water leaves mineral deposits in your coffee machine, which will affect the quality of your coffee over time.
Best rated single cup coffee makers of 2023
|Top Top||AdirChef Grab N' Go Personal Coffee Maker with 15 oz. Travel Mug, Black/Stainless Steel||Learn more|
|Top Top||AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker - Quickly Makes Delicious Coffee Without Bitterness - 1 to 3 Cups Per Pressing||Learn more|
|Top Top||Pour Over Coffee Travel Mug - Coffee Gator all-in-one Travel Coffee Maker and Thermal Cup - Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Cup with Paperless Filter Dripper - 20oz - Gray||Learn more|
AdirChef Grab N’ Go Personal Coffee Maker
- ECO-FRIENDLY. Equipped with a permanent filter, this environmentally-friendly coffee maker allows you to cut out waste and save money. Eliminating the use of paper filters, you no longer need to spend money buying them or filling up your garbage can when you need to dispose of them.
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN. Sized just right, the travel mug will fit into most cup holders and drink vessels. This is ideal for those who enjoy taking a hot cup of coffee with them on their way to work, run errands or drop the kids off at school. The mug is well insulated to keep your coffee warm for an extended period of time, perfect for those who have a long commute in the morning.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION. Made using high-quality, durable plastic, you can enjoy a personal cup of coffee from this coffee maker every morning for years to come. It brews directly into the 15-ounce stainless steel travel mug and once the cup is full, the maker automatically shuts off to save power.
- PORTABLE APPLIANCE. Small and lightweight, this unit is the perfect size for tight counter spaces or tiny cubicles in the workplace and can be easily transported from one location to the next. In addition, the mug is equipped with a comfort grip Band and is tapered to fit most vehicle cup holders. If you prefer to set up the appliance in your kitchen permanently, you can just grab the mug and take your coffee to go.
- COMES COMPLETE WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED. The personal coffee maker comes complete with a travel mug, lid, internal filter and holding basket. All you need to do is set it up, plug it in and begin brewing your personal cup of coffee any time you want.
Equipped with a permanent filter, this is an eco-friendly single cup coffee maker that will save you money and help you to reduce waste. This is because the machine does not use paper filters, which can be expensive in the long run. The travel mug design ensures you can take your coffee to go for those mornings when you need to dash out of the house. The travel mug is well insulated to keep your coffee warm for longer. This makes it perfect if you have long commutes to work. This single cup coffee maker is built to last. The high-quality plastic made to construct it ensures you can use this coffee maker for years to come.
AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker
- Popular with coffee enthusiasts worldwide, the patented AeroPress is a new kind of coffee press that uses a rapid, total immersion brewing process to make smooth, delicious, full flavored coffee without bitterness and with low acidity.
- Good-bye French Press! The rapid brewing AeroPress avoids the bitterness and high acidity created by the long steep time required by the French press. Plus, the AeroPress paper Microfilter eliminates grit and means clean up takes seconds.
- Makes 1 to 3 cups of American coffee per pressing in about a minute, and unlike a French press, it can also brew espresso style coffee for use in lattes, cappuccinos and other espresso based drinks.
- Perfect for home kitchen use, the AeroPress is lightweight, compact, portable and durable, making it also ideal for traveling, camping, backpacking, boating and more!
- Includes the AeroPress press, funnel, scoop, stirrer, 350 microfilters and a filter holder. Phthalate free and BPA free. Mug not included. Assembled measurements: 9 1/2 h X 4 w X 4 d
Tired of coffee makers that deliver bitter, tasteless coffee? The AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker is a machine that is well known and loved by coffee enthusiasts from all over the world. This new type of coffee press makes use of the total immersion brewing method to ensure maximum extraction and delivery of smooth, tasty, and full-flavored cups of coffee with low acidity and no bitterness. This machine uses a microfilter system that eliminates grit and makes cleanup easier. If you need more than one cup of coffee a day, this machine can make up to 3 cups in one brew cycle. You can use it to brew espressos for your cappuccinos and lattes too.
Pour Over Coffee Travel Mug – Coffee Gator all-in-one Travel Coffee Maker
- This personal pour over brewer lets you make, then take, hot, fresh coffee wherever you go. Just pop on the stainless steel mesh filter add ground coffee then pour over water to make hand drip coffee directly into your travel cup
- Coffee hotter for longer. Other brewers restrict you to the house or cool quickly. Vacuum layered, military-grade 304 stainless steel coating a smart copper lining traps heat for longer. Fits virtually all car cup holders for hot coffee on arrival
- Wave goodbye to paper filters. Our metal filter delivers a cleaner taste and saves trees, so it’s friendly to the environment and your pocket. Ideal for travel, zero BPA and a dream to clean. This equals more smiles per cup
- Time for your coffee made your way. The manual hand drip method unlocks the full spectrum of flavours and aromas. This one cup personal coffee maker gives you the gift of time to enjoy whenever. Order, sanity (and poise) very much restored
- Why risk disappointment? Our feedback shows we know coffee - our 100% satisfaction promise proves we mean it. Choose Gator with confidence and expect dream coffee as soon as tomorrow
This is a highly portable one-person brew that allows you to make and enjoy hot coffee whenever you want to. It uses a simple coffee-making process thanks to the portable removable filter. You simply need to add ground coffee into the mesh filter and pour over hot water to have a quick coffee fix. The manual hand drip system ensures you control the strength and taste of your coffee. The portable travel mug is vacuum layered to keep your coffee hot for longer. What’s more, it can fit all cup holders in vehicles. This is the perfect single cup coffee maker for people who are always on the move.
With the best rated single cup coffee makers recommendations above, you now have a reason to enjoy your perfect coffee brew whenever you need it. These are easy to use coffee makers, and the portability of most of them makes them the ideal choice for anyone with a busy lifestyle. You can read more about our nitrous coffee machine reviews if you enjoyed this article.