Table of Contents
If you own an RV home, you probably spend most of your life on the road. The best part about owning an RV is the convenience it offers to ensure you have a home away from home. Having an RV allows you to enjoy and own some essential appliances as you would in a regular four-wall house. If you are a coffee lover, being able to brew your morning fix regardless of the where your RV takes you is one of the little joys of RV life.
Unlike a regular home, RVs do not offer the same counter space. For this reason, you will need to invest in a special RV coffee maker to meet your coffee needs while on the road. Read on to learn everything you need to know about RV coffee makers, how to choose the right one and also the best recommendations in the market.
Types of coffee makers for RVs
|Top Top||Secura French Press Coffee Maker, 304 Grade Stainless Steel Insulated Coffee Press with 2 Extra Screens, 34oz (1 Litre), Silver||Learn more|
|Top Top||Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, 6 to 10 oz. Brew Sizes, Black||Learn more|
|Top Top||Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine by Breville with Aeroccino, Chrome||Learn more|
Over the years, more coffee machine manufacturers have worked to ensure they avail coffee makers for RV homes and not just regular brick and mortar homes. Types of coffee makers ideal for RV homes include:
Single-serve coffee machines
These units have become increasingly popular these days. Most of them work with specially prepared coffee pods and ground coffee. Also, most of these machines are made to cater to any coffee preference. while most single-serve coffee machines are expensive, it is possible to find some under $100. Even so, the price for making a cup of coffee with a single-serve maker is lower when compared to buying the coffee from a cafe.
Drip coffee makers
This is the standard coffee maker you will find in most homes. It is ideal for an RV home with extra counter space. The main advantage of drip coffee makers is that they are relatively affordable. Some of them come with added features such as an automatic timer to ensure your coffee brews whenever you want it.
These are highly durable coffee makers but are also very expensive. They double as tea makers too. Percolators usually have a high temperature range, which makes the water too hot to brew the perfect cup of coffee.
Under-cabinet coffee makers
These are specifically designed for RV homes. As the name implies, this coffee brewing machine is installed under the cabinet to save on countertop space. As for the coffee quality, they can make good tasting coffee just like other coffee machines. They also come with most of the features in standard coffee machines.
Pour-over coffee makers
These are the perfect coffee makers for RVs if you are looking for a machine that guarantees maximum extraction. If you have access to high-quality beans, you should consider a pour-over coffee maker for your RV. The only downside is that this type of coffee maker takes longer to brew your coffee.
RV coffee makers and power consumption
While some percolators and coffee makers can be used on a direct fire, most RV machines require a power source to brew. Some come with high watts requirements, which some RVs cannot meet. Before buying a coffee maker for your RV, ensure it can meet your power connection.
The best coffee maker for RV should not exceed a 20-Amp power capacity requirement.
Stainless steel or glass carafes?
Glass carafes are highly common in most households. However, they may not be the best choice for RV homes because of their fragile nature. This makes stainless steel the best choice for a carafe to be used in an RV setting. Most stainless-steel coffee carafes come with double-wall insulation to ensure your coffee remains warm for longer without needed a hot plate.
The best coffee maker for RVs recommendations
Secura French Press Coffee Maker
- Secura stainless steel French Press coffee maker is made from top quality 18/10 stainless steel, both the interior and exterior. It is made to outlast other coffee maker.
- 3-LAYERED STAINLESS STEEL FILTER STRUCTURE traps the smallest coffee grounds to produce an exceptional full-bodied flavor.
- BONUS Stainless Steel Screen included with this French coffee press. Filter screen is easy to dissemble and clean. Stack one or more screens together gives your coffee espresso more refined taste.
- This French press maker comes with Cool touch handle and knob for comfortable and safe pouring.
- The capacity of Secura Stainless-steel French coffee press is 34 OUNCE/ 1000ML. All the parts of this French coffee maker are DISHWASHER SAFE.
Secura is a French press coffee maker made in a stainless-steel finish on the interior and exterior parts. It is made with a comfortable grip handle and has a knob for safe pouring. It is built to last longer, making it the perfect 1000ml capacity coffee maker for RV homes. It also has a stainless-steel filter constructed to ensure it can trap even the smallest coffee particles, ensuring you enjoy a full-flavoured cup of coffee each time. The filter screen is easy to remove and clean, making this press easy to maintain. You can stack two or more screens together to get a refined coffee taste.
Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- Auto-off: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy.
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute.
If you love using K-cup pods, this coffee maker from Keurig will be perfect for your RV lifestyle. This is a coffee machine that comes with a 6-ounce brew size to give you the best-brewed coffee. Its large water reservoir ensures you can brew at least six cups of coffee without needing to refill the water, thus saving your time on your daily routine. It comes with an auto-off feature to ensure you can save on RV power when the machine is not in use. The simple button controls make brewing a breeze.
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine
- SIMPLE, ONE TOUCH ESPRESSO MACHINE: Create exceptional freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso at the touch of a single button. The capsule is automatically ejected after brewing, with only 15-20 seconds of pre-heating time. The cup support is adjustable to three positions to accommodate different cup sizes.
- ONE ESPRESSO MACHINE, FIVE CUP SIZES: One convenient machine for 5 cup sizes, depending on your coffee needs: Alto Coffee (14 oz),Coffee (8oz), Gran Lungo (5 oz), Double Espresso (2.7 oz) and Espresso (1.35oz). Each capsule delivers the finest roast and ground coffee sealed in a single-serve portion for optimal freshness.
- NESPRESSO MACHINE TECHONOLOGY: Vertuo coffee makers use a patented extraction technology developed by Nespresso known as Centrifusion. Just insert a capsule and close the lever- when activated, the capsule spins up to 7,000 rotations per minute, blending ground coffee with water and producing the perfect crema to enjoy your favorite freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Espresso.
- NESPRESSO VERTUO BY BREVILLE: Vertuo uses an intelligent extraction system that recognizes each coffees blend. Thanks to a barcode on the rim of the capsule, the brewing parameters are adjusted by the machine depending on the selected coffees. There is no need to change settings. This delivers the best in-cup result for your chosen variety – all at the touch of a button.
- ULTIMATE COFFEE QUALITY: Nespresso follows highly rigorous standards in selecting coffee. We create hermetically sealed and recyclable aluminum capsules as an optimum way to lock in freshness and provide exceptional taste. As a result, we offer a wide variety of Nespresso coffees to satisfy every taste at any moment of the day.
- NESPRESSO AEROCCINO: The Aeroccino provides a smooth, finely textured hot or cold fresh milk froth for your coffee recipes via an ultra simple and fast automatic system, in a few seconds, without noise or vibration. The Aeroccino also heats milk for your Caffè Latte or Cappuccino.
Being on the road full time is not a reason not to enjoy your espresso whenever you want. This machine brews the best tasting espresso and comes in the perfect size for RV homes. It is a one-touch espresso machine that requires only 15 seconds of pre-heating time and has cup support that can be adjusted to accommodate up to five cup sizes. Apart from espressos, you can use this machine to make Alto coffee, regular coffee, Gran Lungo and a double espresso. All Vertuo coffee makers use the patented ‘centrifusion’ extraction technology. This method uses rotations to blend the ground coffee with water to give you the perfect crema on your espresso. If you are looking for a high-end coffee machine for your RV home, this is one of the best deals in the market.
Cleaning and maintenance of RV coffee makers
Before cleaning or undertaking maintenance for RV coffee makers, it is essential to go through the manufacturer’s instructions. Some machines come with dishwasher-friendly parts, while others can only be cleaned using coffee maker cleaners. It is necessary to know the kind of machine you own before you undertake cleaning.
Other standard cleaning guidelines include:
- Do not clean your coffee maker while still hot.
- Unplug the machine from the power source before cleaning
- Always remove old coffee grounds after brewing to prevent the growth of moulds and bacteria
- Regularly check parts to assess for damage
As you can see from the recommendations above, there are impressive options in the market when it comes to coffee makers for RVs. Whether you are travelling solo, with family or a group of friends, any of the three recommendations can work to ensure you enjoy your coffee fixes every day you’re on the road. Check out our best nitro cold brew maker if you enjoyed reading this review.