Table of Contents
How to Make Tea in Keurig Coffee Maker?
Did you know tea can turn on your energy mode in the heck of a sip? I mean, it’s tea, duh. We all need some energy boosters in our daily routine to carry out the hectic mode of life. The types of energy boosters vary from person to person. Some prefer fresh juices, some prefer fizzy drinks, others like coffee, and some, like me, always look out for tea when feeling tired or low on energy. How about a quick tea made in Keurig? The treat and taste will be doubled.
Why a Tea in Keurig?
We all know that tea is a widely loved drink throughout the world in hot and cold forms. The way Keurig has turned the tea world upside down with its revolutionary innovations, the whole world has changed its method of perceiving tea. You can now enjoy many types of teas in both hot and cold forms. Keurig has all the answers to your prayers. You can make iced tea, iced coffee, hot chocolate, fresh juices, and whatnot that too without any mess. As far as the taste is concerned, I assure you that you won’t regret spending the money and time while buying Keurig as long as you follow the guidelines to make ea.
Keurig Features you can’t Resist:
- K cups can brew tea with high water levels. That means the tea won’t lose its taste or color by adding high amounts of water.
- K cups can be used more than once. Sounds interesting, right? You can reheat the tea capsule if you find it a little cold. But do not reuse a capsule that you brewed 8 hours ago. You can reuse a capsule within a time frame of 30-45 minutes. Not more than that, never.
- All of the k cup tea range can be brewed over ice. Add your favorite flavors to the list now.
- Want to brew a standard tea bag rather than a cup? Well, Keurig can do it. It can act as an instant water dispenser. First, just place the teabag in your mug. Next, place the mug on a drip tray so that hot water can be brewed out in your cup. Finally, tap the water-only brew cycle, and there you go—a freshly brewed tea bag of your choice.
How to Make Tea in a Keurig Coffee Maker?
It’s a simple process. All you need is tea, a Keurig coffee maker, a cup, your favorite sweetener, and milk. Fill the k cup with all the required ingredients, place the k cup in the maker and let Keurig do its job. Sounds pretty easy, right? I want you to imagine how your life will be after you buy Keurig. Now comes reality because there are things you have to learn and do to get yourself a refreshing cup of tea. If you are still reluctant to spend the money, read this article to the end, and you will know it’s worth it. Then, suit yourself to ride a Keurig.
Making Iced Tea in Keurig Coffee Maker:
Making tea in Keurig is such a smooth experience. Follow this simple recipe and directions, and the results will amaze you. You need the following ingredients.
- Your choice of k cup, I am using creamy and nutty hazelnut
- Your favorite cold tea topping, in my case its caramel sauce ice cream
- Ice cubes
- Keurig coffee maker
In a 16oz k cup, load the top of the cup with your favorite topping. Now insert the cup into the coffee maker and turn on the brewing. Add as many ice cubes as you want and enjoy the icy nutty, freshly brewed Keurig tea.
Points to be Noted during Iced Tea Making:
There are some things you should consider before, during, and after the making of the tea.
- The first thing is the amount of ice. Never load your brewed tea with too much ice, this might fulfill your craving for chilled tea, but you will lose the taste of tea that matters.
- The second crucial factor is the correct combination of k cup flavor and topping. These two play a pivotal role in making a tea tasteful or bitter. So choose wisely.
- Last but not least is the compatibility of the Keurig models. Always choose compatible models that can brew the best coffee or iced tea.
Making Loose Leaf Tea with Keurig:
Some people love to drink flavored tea made with freshly plucked leaves from different herbs. But, if you are one of them, you must be thinking low of Keurig because it can’t make her lose tea, and it won’t heat the water fast as a kettle can extract the best flavor out of leaves. Well, you’re mistaken because you can make loose leaf tea with Keurig, and I will tell you how.
There is a filter available called my k cup reusable filter, designed explicitly for Keurig coffee makers. It is designed to brew grounded coffee, but another functionality it adds to k cup coffee makers is that you can make loose leaf tea with its help. You can steep any loose leaf tea of your choice by combining it with your k cup. It is washable as a machine and adds to the environment-friendly features of the Keurig. Of course, you need to practice with the cup volumes to get the desired strength and taste of the tea, and once you learn that, there is no coming back.
Loose Tea Hack:
If you don’t want to buy filters, there is a hack you can also try. Use a tea steeper instead of the filter. Place a tea steeper above your mug and use your Keurig coffee maker as an instant hot water dispenser.
I hope that this article will help you with your Keurig needs, and for those who were hesitant to buy Keurig, are you convinced now? Isn’t it a great appliance to have? So please get rid of kettles and juicers, garnish your kitchen countertop with a Keurig coffee maker and see how it will changes not only your kitchen countertop look but also your life.