Table of Contents
Find Out How Long a Keurig Coffee Maker Lasts
It is an established fact that no matter how new something was at a point, it will inevitably have an end to it. This is true for a lot of things, even coffee makers, and definitely Keurig Coffee makers. Keurig Coffee Makers are a good quality brand of coffee makers, but this does not in any way influence the fact that later on, they will have to get replaced. Maybe this will be due to years of use, or manner of use, or a lot of factors in between, but they must be replaced at some point. In this article, we will talk about how long a keurig coffee maker lasts. In the excitement of procuring a new coffee maker, there is always a place where you wonder if it will last long or not. You’re about to find some answers. And believe me, you can control this more than you think.
What is The Expected Lifespan of My Keurig
There are a lot of things that determines how long your Keurig will last. But for one, most Keurig coffee makers should last about three to five years. All Keurig coffee makers are one year guaranteed by the manufacturer. So, you should not expect any defects, under normal circumstances. And if there are any, you should contact the manufacturer, either for repair or replacement. What really determines how long your machine lasts is how you use it. If it is improperly managed, it might get damaged way before the average lifespan of three to five years. But with proper maintenance, it could even last for a decade or more. There are cases where people have had theirs for up to a decade. So yes, you have a big role to play when it comes to determining how long your Keurig will last.
How do I Know When My Keurig is Due For Replacement
It’s pretty easy to know when your machine is due for replacement, because you as the owner can easily detect a slack in the functioning of your machine, and this is one of the early signs of a weary coffee maker. Once you notice these signs, you should swing to action, and that action involves you getting it replaced. Signs you should look out for include :
- When it starts developing faults : When your coffee maker starts developing faults, you should bear in mind that it’s about time you changed it. While fixing it might appear as an option, I do not think it is a solution. Because, in most cases, as it is with most household appliances, repairs can only buy it a little bit more time, but it won’t change the fact that the machine needs to be replaced. It could even develop other faults in the process of getting it repaired, and then you’d have to spend more money. In my opinion, I think it’s best to replace your machine when it starts developing faults, rather than getting it fixed. It will help you to avoid spending huge amounts of money on repairing something that you will inevitably replace.
- When it becomes difficult to buy the capsules : Some Keurigs work with only some particular type of capsules or K-cups, so when you notice that it becomes more difficult to buy the capsules, let it be on your mind that your machine will become useless soon enough. So get it replaced as soon as possible.
- When it takes more time to brew : Another sign that a keurig is getting worn out is that, it begins to take more time than usual to brew. This is very noticeable, because when you expect a cup in five minutes, and it doesn’t come, you know that something is wrong. As a matter of fact, some machines will not brew completely at this stage.
- When the taste of coffee changes : When your machine is worn out, you cannot trust it to produce great results anymore. When you notice that the taste is no longer the same, and the changes cannot be associated with a change in coffee brands or something else, your machine is simply trying to tell you that it is tired of working.
Ways You Can Increase The Lifespan Of Your Keurig
While, you must replace your machine at one point or the other, there are tips that will help you to keep your Keurig working as long as possible. And, it is quite achievable. Proper maintenance is the key. Use these tips to keep your machine working as long as you can.
- Clean your machine after each use. Wipe the body down with soft flannels. Do not use any hard material, so your machine won’t get scratched.
- Avoid immersing it in water. As much as you need to keep your machine clean, you have to keep it out of water. A damp flannel will do whenever you need to clean it up.
- Always wash the removable parts after every use. This shouldn’t be a big task because most removable parts are dishwasher safe. So you only need to load it in.
- Descale as often as possible. You should do this at least once a month if you use your machine on a daily basis. This will help keep the efficiency in check.
- Keep the reservoir empty. If you leave water in it, it will gradually evaporate. This will increase the amount of scale build up in your machine.
How long a keurig coffee maker lasts is mostly dependent on the user. A nicely maintained Keurig has a potential of lasting way longer than the average lifespan . In my opinion, the same amount of energy you channel into making yourself a cup of coffee is the same amount of energy you should channel into keeping your machine in order. You never can tell how long it will serve you, if you can do that. But, if your machine is truly worn out, do it the courtesy of getting it replaced as soon as possible. And do make sure you dispose of it the right way too.