Table of Contents
There is a lot of ways to clean your machine. Amongst them, vinegar is the most used one. Don’t like vinegar? Well, don’t worry. Keep following the article to know how to clean your coffee maker without vinegar.
When it comes to a coffee machine, there are some specific reasons why you need to clean your coffee machine regularly. When you make coffee every day, it leaves some residue of hard water deposits, leftover coffee oil, mold which makes build up in your machine. If this residue is not removed through deep cleaning, it will affect your coffee taste and flavor. To enjoy delicious coffee with great flavor you need to clean your machine at least once a month.
Why Not Vinegar?
Vinegar is known as a strong natural cleaner. People use vinegar a lot for cleaning coffee machines. That is because the substance is non-toxic and it is not harmful to the human body. But, it can easily remove the deposits of the coffee makers. Also, it can kill the bacteria and mold inside the machine. This is the best ingredient to clean your coffee maker.
Some people don’t like the vinegar smell and don’t prefer using it for cleaning. When you clean your machine with vinegar, it creates an extremely strong flavor that can affect coffee taste and flavor. In addition, vinegar is not able to clean your machine perfectly, sometimes you need to perform multiple cycles to remove to build up and flavor. For this, you need a lot of time and water.
How to Clean Your Coffee Maker Without Vinegar
If you don’t have vinegar at your home or you don’t want to clean your machine with vinegar. Don’t worry about it. The good news is there are a lot of cleaning solutions like vinegar that you use to clean your machine. Below, we will tell you about several alternatives to clean your coffee maker perfectly without using vinegar.
Lemon is acidic, it offers the same level of acidity as vinegar. However, lemon has a lovely aroma flavor and it’s also affordable and vastly available. You can easily use the lemon to clean the machine with it. Follow these steps to know how to use the vinegar:
- At first, you need to run a brew cycle with just clean water. Add clean water into the water reservoir and run the machine. Take time 5-8 minutes. When your water is slightly warm, pause the machine.
- Then, add a half cup of lemon juice to the lukewarm water.
- Run the machine again. Allow enough time to complete this cycle perfectly.
- After the brew cycle is complete, remove the lemon residue and clean all the removable parts like the water reservoir, filter, and nozzle, etc. Now, you need to run another 2 or 3 cycles with just clean water.
- After doing that, wash the coffee carafe and all the detachable parts of your machine.
Baking soda is a non-toxic natural cleaner. It also helps you to clean your machine. The way to clean your machine is similar to the lemon cleaning process:
- At first, you need to fill the coffee pot with 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Now, add a ¼ cup of baking soda to lukewarm water. And, mixture its properly.
- When your mixture is done, now you can run the brew cycle.
- When the brew cycle is done, remove the dirty water from the carafe and wash it with clean water.
- Again, you need to fill the coffee pot with lukewarm water for another cycle.
- Now, start the machine and run the cycle.
After this cycle, if the water comes back is clean, you did an amazing job. You don’t need any cycle. But, if the water is not 100% clean, then you need additional 2 or 3 brew cycles.
If your lemon or baking soda doesn’t work perfectly to clean your machine. CLR is the best substitute for this.
- Mix one cup of CLR and 8 cups of water then pour the solution into the reservoir of the coffee maker. Run the brew cycle for 5-8 minutes.
- After the brew cycle, clean all the detachable parts of your machine again with clean water 3 or 4 times till all the CLR has gone properly.
- If CLR is not gone, run another cycle with clean water.
Hydrogen Peroxide is also known as an H2O2, it’s an extremely cheap cleaner and you can easily disinfect your coffee maker to follow these steps:
- Pour one cup of Hydrogen Peroxide solutions into the coffee carafe
- Pour clean water into the water reservoir.
- Now, run the full cycle. And complete this cycle without stopping the machine.
Don’t forget to run the 2 or 3 more cycles with just water. It’s necessary to remove the odor or trace of Hydrogen Peroxide. Because, if you ingest Hydrogen Peroxide, it can be dangerous for you.
Do you know, Vodka has no smell and no taste, which means you don’t need to waste your time to multiple cycling at the end.
- Use 75% of water with 25% of vodka. Then mix it properly.
- Add the solutions to the water reservoir.
- Start the machine and run the full cycle.
- After the full cycle, you could run another cycle with clean water to ensure everything is fine.
If you want to use vodka to wipe the insides of your coffee machine to remove any germs, you can use it.
You can enjoy a high level of cleanliness by using tartar Cream. It is also similar to vinegar.
- Before the first run, you need to pour water into the water reservoir.
- Now, add 3 tablespoons of tartar cream.
- Stir them, until the solutions liquefied in the water.
- Then, run the full cycle.
- When your full cycle is done, clean everything
- Again, pour clean water into the water reservoir and run another cycle.
If you want to clean a coffee maker without vinegar, these are some of the best ways. if you know of any other methods please let us know.
As you see above, there are several ways to clean the coffee machine without vinegar. But which one is the best amongst them? You can try the baking soda cleaning solutions. Because it gives you the best cleaning naturally. If you prefer commercial cleaning solutions, then could try CLR. It’s always best for highly effective cleaning.