Table of Contents
How to unlock the hopper on Breville Coffee Maker? If you have just bought a new Breville Coffee Maker, then the Hopper of the appliance might confuse you. However, we can make the feature of the coffee maker easier for you. Keep reading the article.
Breville is known for its well-equipped and features coffee maker. The coffee maker arrives with a variety of features that helps to get the best flavor and taste from the device. Besides, it has auto start and other programmable features, making coffee making easier for you. There is also an integrated grinder in the coffee maker, making it a one-stop solution for your coffee.
Keep following the article to know how to unlock the Breville Coffee Maker. In this article, we will discuss all the steps you need to follow to do this.
So, How to Unlock the Hopper in Breville Coffee Maker?
The coffee makers that include a built-in coffee grinder might include one additional part. It is known as coffee bean hoppers. It is the part that stores the whole beans of coffee before you grind them. You can store the coffee beans on the hopper until they are ready for the brew. Usually, coffee beans can be stored for around two to three days in the hopper.
Some models of the Breville Coffee Maker that come with a built-in grinder also equips a hopper. Usually, the hopper is locked inside the coffee maker to keep it strongly hold in the pre-defined position. You might require removing the hopper of the coffee maker. Especially, you will want to remove the hopper from the machine before cleaning it.
As the Breville Coffee Maker hopper is locked in the machine, you will require unlocking it first. Now we will discuss how to unlock the hopper. Here are the steps you need to follow for unlocking the machine:
- The first thing you need to do is to remove the lid. If your coffee maker is connected to the electrical plug, you might also want to unplug it.
- Once after removing the lid, now you will see the bean hopper inside the machine. You should also find a knob in the middle of the hopper that says unlock. You will require turning the knob counterclockwise to unlock it from the machine.
- Now lift up the bean hopper by using both of your hands from the machine. That’s it, the bean hopper is now removed.
- If you want to place back the bean hopper and lock it, you will require turning the knob clockwise.
Once after removing the bean hopper, you will find the outer burr. You can also remove it easily by turning the outer burr in the clockwise direction. Under the Burr, you will find the cleaning brush. Now you can clean the coffee maker.
How to Clean the Breville Coffee Maker
The Breville Coffee Maker is designed to assure you of long-term performance. The machine utilizes reliable components for this. Although the machine is pretty durable, you need to clean it on a regular basis to keep the machine in a good shape. If you leave the coffee maker uncleaned for a long time, it will affect the coffee taste. Besides, the machine will become calcified which is the worst thing you want.
When the calcium and other minerals buildups inside the machine, your coffee will not taste upright. Moreover, your machine will not be able to heat the water properly. This will cause the machine to overwork to heat the water which will increase the electricity charge. Furthermore, it will also affect the lifespan of the machine in the long run. Here is how to clean the machine:
Decalcifying the Machine
Descaling or decalcification is the process of removing the buildup inside the machine. You will require vinegar and clean water for cleaning the machine’s inside. Here is how to do this:
- Fill the water reservoir of the coffee maker with half water and half vinegar. This water and vinegar solution should fill the reservoir up to the max line.
- Now remove the filter from the machine and place a big jug under the steam wand and group head.
- Once you have done the above steps, now you will require turning on the machine to run a brew cycle. Once the brewing temperature is achieved, you will require doing a manual pour.
- Allow the half of the tank to flow out. After that, set to hot water and allow the cleaning solution to flow for around 30 seconds. Empty the jug once you are done.
- Once you are done, the solution should be brewed in the below jug. Make sure to empty it. Then remove the tank and rinse under fresh water thoroughly.
- The next thing you need to do is to fill the machine with cold water and run a manual pour. Repeat the process several times to remove the vinegar smell and odor from the machine.
How to Clean the Other Parts
Now we will discuss how you should clean the main parts of the Breville Coffee Maker:
- Use hot water to rinse the filter basket and portafilter to eradicate the remaining coffee residue. Use a pin they are blocked to unclog.
- Wipe the exterior of the machine with a clean and dry cloth. Note that the cloth shouldn’t be abrasive.
- Also, make sure to clean the grinder of the machine. Use a soft brush to remove the coffee residue from the affected area. Also, scrub away any residue from the chute.
- Make sure to clean the parts of the machine frequently to preserve the appearance of the machine.
The Breville Coffee Maker is one of the feature-rich coffee machines out there. Understanding the feature of the machine can be a bit hard. We hope that you will be able to unlock the hopper in the Breville Coffee Maker after reading the article. We also hope that the cleaning process of the machine will also be helpful for you.