Table of Contents
The coffee pods system has been introduced in the market due to the growing demand for single-serve coffee. Because it can be served very easily and in less time. Moreover, making coffee pods with a regular coffee maker is pretty simple. In this article, we will discuss how to use coffee pods in regular coffee makers and which methods will be appropriate to make it successful.
Basically, a coffee pod is a round and flat paper bag filled with ground coffee. Coffee pods come in a variety of flavors and roasts. One of its specialties is that you can drink coffee pods with tea if you want. Note that you can only make coffee pods through a specific pod brewer.
At first, each brand and manufacturer had their own coffee pod and pod brewing service. But it was a bit confusing for customers. Now coffee pods have become much standard and modern which is mainly 61 mm in diameter. The amount of each coffee pod is around 7 to 12 grams. Let’s find out some effective ways of using coffee pods in the regular coffee machine.
How to Use Coffee Pods in Regular Coffee Maker
Coffee pods are the best alternative to standard coffee grounds. Each flavor is different and unique. The coffee pods allow you to make delicious instant coffee without the hassle of using ground coffee. Here are some methods to use coffee pods in the regular coffee maker.
First of all open the coffee maker, remove the basket, and the basket cover that is at the top of the coffee maker.
Fill the water into the water reservoir according to the number of coffee pods you want to brew and do not go above the max indication. Then put back the basket inside the unit and open the regulator. The reservoir can be filled up using a jug without taking the whole thing out.
Now you need to do is select the coffee pod according to your favorite flavor. Then peel the foil from the coffee pod and pour the coffee into a filter. Use the coffee maker just as you would with a regular coffee grinder. After that put the coffee cover over the unit.
Once you fully finished brewing, pouring, and drinking your single-serve coffee. It is important always to clean your coffee maker and the critical parts involved. So, you should clean and rinse your coffee pot appropriately. Remove and discard the used filter and grinds. Make sure that no grind accumulates in any drip area of the pot.
How to Use Coffee Pods without a Coffee Maker?
The pour-over method is the preferred method for making coffee without a coffee maker. Although it is somewhat time-consuming but effective. If you can properly apply this method, you will get the coffee you want. We recommend using a small cup so that it fits snugly in your hand. If the cup is large you may lose control of the filter. As a result, there is a possibility to make a mess.
- The first step is to remove the foil from the coffee pods and pour the coffee ground inside the coffee pod into a cup.
- Next cut the bottom of your pod in such a way that it allows the flow of hot coffee.
- Now you need to fill your coffee cup with hot water. Let the mixture of water and loose coffee in the cup sit for around 5 minutes.
- As long as your coffee mix is ready, hold the cut-open pod. Then pour the mixture through it into an empty coffee cup or mug. Now your coffee is ready and enjoys the beautiful and delicious coffee.
The pod will hold loose ground inside its built-in filter and pour the liquid coffee into your fresh cup. Making coffee in this way will not be as perfect as a coffee machine. But there is no other shortcut way like this.
If you are desperate to make coffee then this way, you can make coffee more easily without any coffee maker. A clean cheesecloth can act as a coffee filter. There must be a cheesecloth somewhere in your home. It is usually very durable. You can brew your coffee pods with a cheesecloth. Let’s see the whole procedure.
- The first step is to remove the foil from the coffee pod and place a cheesecloth on a mug.
- Now set the coffee ground and hot water on cheesecloth inside the coffee pod. How much water should be added for each coffee pod is written on the package of coffee pods. Please read it carefully.
- Make sure that the grounds do not escape from the cheesecloth when placing the whole cheesecloth in the coffee mug.
- Now all you need to do is mix them properly and wait a few minutes so that they can sit firmly into the coffee mug. For this, you can count the time on the clock.
- This method takes around 5 to 6 minutes to make coffee. So, leave it like this for 5 to 6 minutes. The time will depend on how thick your cheesecloth is.
- Finally, pour the coffee into another coffee mug and drink your coffee.
Coffee is something that everybody loves to drink at any time. Nowadays coffee pods of different flavors are available in the market and have taken the process of making coffee to a more advanced level. This allows you to make coffee from time to time with the regular coffee maker. Even without a coffee maker, you can easily make coffee from coffee pods. Hopefully, this article has given you the right direction to use coffee pods in the regular coffee maker.