Table of Contents
This Is How To Set Your Black And Decker Coffee Maker To Auto
These days, a lot of coffee maker has excellent features that give users ease of use with minimal time requirement. One of these amazing features is the auto feature which lets you set your coffee maker to start brewing at a particular time that you have already set. Even if you are still in bed. Amazing right? There are a lot of coffee makers that offer this, and the Black and Decker coffee maker is one of them. It is established that Black and Decker is a great brand of basic coffee maker and I believe it will only get better. It is one thing for a coffee maker to have great features and it is another thing to understand how to use those features. The auto timer is an amazing feature but, do you know how to use it? There is hardly a way you can optimize your coffee maker use if you can’t use all the features, but, that is not even an issue, because, in this post, you will learn how to set Black and Decker coffee maker to auto.
How Does Auto Timer Work In A Black and Decker Coffee Maker
Auto timer in a Black and Decker coffee maker allows you to set a particular time when you would love to have a cup of coffee ready, and when it’s time, the coffee maker starts brewing. Whether you’re present or not, the coffee maker will go about its business, but only follow your previous settings. To use this feature, you have to put everything the coffee maker needs for a brew in order. You have to fill the reservoir with the desired amount of water. You need the desired amount of coffee grounds to be in the brew basket. And, you need the carafe to be properly positioned to avoid spills when the coffee maker starts brewing. Once all these are in place, your coffee maker starts brewing when it’s time. It won’t matter if you worked coffee brewing into your schedule or not. As long as you do what you need to do.
How To Set The Coffee Maker To Auto
Now, this is as easy as pie. But, you need to be sure that you do it properly. I don’t know about you, but, I don’t like disappointments. We will carefully consider the steps you have to go through to properly set your coffee maker to auto.
- Plug in the coffee maker and turn it on. The interface will flash 12:00 which is the default time. And it is AM time.
- You will have to set the coffee maker time to the current time to enable the auto time to work. You can set the current time by using the hour and minute buttons. Press the hour button until you see the current time. Please note that when you get past the second 12:00 you’re already in PM time. You also have the minute button that you can use to include the minutes.
- There is an indicator that will let you know that the coffee maker is in PM time. It flashes a little green light by the side of the time.
- Once you’re done with that, go ahead and set the auto time. You can do that by pressing the program button. Once you do that, the time goes back to a default 12:00 again. And, it’s AM time. Go ahead and set the time to the time when you would want your coffee maker to brew. You will do it the exact way you set the current time.
- Once you’re done with that, press the auto button. This is the final step in setting your coffee maker to auto. You will know it in auto when and you see another light flashing just below the PM light on the coffee maker.
- You can then sit back and do what you want to do with an assurance that you will have your cup of coffee when it’s time.
Step By Step Guide On How To Brew
Brewing coffee in a Black and Decker coffee maker is very easy and doesn’t take much time. It takes only about five minutes to brew each batch. Follow these short easy steps to brew coffee in a Black and Decker coffee maker.
- Measure the desired quantity of water and pour it into the water reservoir. It is advised that you fill the reservoir all the way up to avoid issues during brewing.
- Measure out the desired amount of coffee grounds. Pour into the brew basket. You can decide to use a paper filter if you want to. This will help keep your coffee smooth.
- Close the lid and turn on the coffee maker. Wait for just five minutes and you can enjoy your cup of coffee.
- Clean your coffee maker. Especially the removable parts. You should do this every time you brew. You can wash it by hand or by loading it in the top rack of the dishwasher. This will help prevent old coffee from getting into your freshly brewed pot.
- Enjoy your cup of coffee with or without milk. But, you should never pour milk into your coffee maker. This can get your coffee maker clogged or even damaged.
A Black and Decker is an excellent choice of coffee maker. Though it is basic, it serves its purpose and does give you an option to take coffee making out of the early morning rush. When setting your coffee maker to auto, be sure that you do it carefully and follow the process step by step to avoid any mistakes. You know how disappointing it will be when you are expecting a cup of coffee and you don’t even have a drop. Properly manage your coffee maker to make sure it does what it does properly and avoid early damage. Whether you set your coffee maker to auto or not, see to it that you brew an enjoyable cup of coffee.